Ob. FREIE UND HANSESTADT LUBECK
Rev. DEUTCHES REICH 1908 DREI MARK
Edge: GOTT MIT UNS
|Titles:||Mayer of Lubeck|
|Flag of Lubeck 1850-1890||Location of Lubeck|
Lubeck, at the time was an important free city and port governed by the constitution of 1851. There were two representative bodies, the Senate exercising executive powers and the House of Burgesses with legislative authority.
The state as it stood at the time was mapped out by the Congress of vienna in 1815, after having formed part of the French department called "Bouches de l'Elbe"
The revenue for the city for 1863 was £83,403 (at the time), comprising one thrid from public domains, one third from excise duties and one third from direct taxation.
According to the 1861 Census the following table shows the breakdown of the population:|
The army of the free city in 1863 consisted of: Click here